Posted by: thebuzzonbees | January 23, 2012

Hmm laying worker?

So i’ve been having a problem with my Beta hive, for the last month and a half they’ve been queenless. I repeatedly added frames of eggs and brood and they didn’t make any queen cells. So I added queen cells. They rejected all of them, or so I thought…

I had built a nuc to join with them, I went to join them today and I found eggs in the cells, some were off centre but the majority were relatively centred. I only saw one egg per cell and no capped brood except for some drone that I think must be dead cause its been there for ages. Anyway there were multiple queen cells and all had been slashed by this queen/laying worker.

Anyway I’ll leave them for a week and see what happens.

Varroa count:

Alpha: 9

Beta: 0

Delta: 1

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Categories

%d bloggers like this: